- 1.1 (sofa) diván (m), canapé (m)More example sentences1.2divan (bed) cama (feminine) turca
More example sentences
- They piled out into a bigger room with several worn couches and divans.
- I spotted Jonas and his friends lounging on ornate, divan couches in the ‘mirror’ room.
- She pulled the low writing desk to the divan, and reached into the jar.
- For example, instead of putting a lavish bed into the bedroom we bought a standard divan bed and had a headboard made.
- In drawers under the divan bed were four large bags of herbal cannabis and five smaller bags.
- He found Mullen hiding inside the divan bed and he detained him until the police returned.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.