Translation of divert in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (redirect)(stream/flow)
desviar(traffic) (British)I tried to divert the conversation away from the topic
desviarintenté desviar la conversación hacia otro temaExample sentences1.2 (ward off)
- With such potential being diverted away from worthwhile direction, I must admit that it breaks a little bit of my heart.
- Another method employs moveable flaps in the rocket motor to divert the exhaust flow direction.
- By 1920 state and private interests had carved four massive canals to divert water directly into the Atlantic Ocean and create dry farmland.
- As memes evolve, they become better and better at distracting and diverting us from whatever we'd really like to be doing with our lives.
- If you want to stop your baby doing something, the best way is to quickly distract and divert her onto a different activity.
- Her attempt to get his attention only partially diverted him.
- 2 2.1 (distract)(attention/thoughts)2.2 (amuse) [formal]
- Sitting in the pub at lunchtime with his nibs, a pint and a good book was far more entertaining and diverting.
- Needless to say, I wanted to put the book aside, because it is not entertaining or diverting.
- I was diverted and entertained, but never truly absorbed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.