- 1 1.1 (more powerful) [nation/party/force/influence] dominante dominant market position posición (feminine) dominante en el mercadoMore example sentences1.2 (predominant) [crop/industry] predominante, preponderante; [pattern/topic] dominante, preponderante
- He argues that historically the reaction of lesser states has been determined more by the potential power of the dominant state than by its actual behaviour or avowed intentions.
- Geopolitics, history and common sense all indicate that a dominant power chooses its own policies without being influenced by the special wishes of others - however friendly.
- His powerful and sometimes dominant influence on Austrian politics is a result of the refusal of the other official parties to seriously take him on.
- 2 [Biology/Biología] [Ecology/Ecología] [Music/Música] dominanteMore example sentences
- Fluctuations in the productivity of dominant plant species should also have a significant impact on complex food webs in forest ecosystems.
- In an environment with moving sand, tolerance to partial burial seems to be a requisite for the dominant plant species.
- Perennial woody plants are the dominant species in many ecosystems of the world and have significant ecological and economic importance.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Do you know what 'arpilleras' are? They are pieces of appliquéd textile folk art, common in South America. Doll characters and animals create a three-dimensional effect representing scenes from daily life.