- (British English)profesor universitario, (profesora universitaria) (masculine, feminine)(esp en Oxford y Cambridge)Example sentences
- He worked easily with the many newcomers into his department, most of them university dons.
- The indication that Oxford might have to consider implementing similar measures has been greeted with caution by University officials, dons, and students alike.
- As a don at the local university, he reviewed regularly for the Glasgow Herald.
transitive verb -nn-
- 1.1 (put on) [literary]1.2 (assume) [formal] I was forced to don the role of criticponerseme vi obligado a asumir el papel de críticoExample sentences
- At his urging, I donned protective clothing and headed off in search of this tragic new affliction.
- But he was nevertheless disgruntled that he himself would not be donning the shirt.
- Most fans are content with donning a replica shirt and attending the odd game.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than