Translation of donor in Spanish:
- 1 [Medicine/Medicina] donante (masculine and feminine) a blood/kidney donor un donante de sangre/riñónExample sentences
- Before death, the organ donor received several transfusions of blood products.
- A device to make the organs of brain-dead donors more suitable for transplant will be evaluated in a government-funded study.
- The majority of the healthy control subjects were healthy blood donors, and the others were organ transplant donors.
- 2 (to charity) donante (masculine and feminine)Example sentences
- The charity specializes in using donor money to buy people in developing world animals from cows to camels and everything in between.
- The bit we like best is the idea that tax relief is available today for money that donors agree to bequeath to charities on their death.
- The expectation of the donors was that charities receiving the funds would disburse the money to needy victims just as quickly.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
El Cid (from Arabic "sid" or "master") was the name given to Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar (born Vivar, near Burgos, c1043). He is Spain's warrior hero, being brave and warlike but also loyal and fair. He grew up in the court of Fernando I of Castile and later fought against the Moors, earning the title, Campeador. He married Jimena, granddaughter of Alfonso VI, "the Wise." In 1089, after a disagreement with the king, he and his loyal retainers went into exile, recapturing Valencia from the Moors. He died in 1099 and his deeds are the subject of many oral accounts, the most complete being El Cantar del Mío Cid. His sword, La Tizona, is in a museum in Burgos.