- 1 [Medicine/Medicina] donante (masculine and feminine) a blood/kidney donor un donante de sangre/riñónMore example sentences
- Before death, the organ donor received several transfusions of blood products.
- A device to make the organs of brain-dead donors more suitable for transplant will be evaluated in a government-funded study.
- The majority of the healthy control subjects were healthy blood donors, and the others were organ transplant donors.
- 2 (to charity) donante (masculine and feminine)More example sentences
- The charity specializes in using donor money to buy people in developing world animals from cows to camels and everything in between.
- The bit we like best is the idea that tax relief is available today for money that donors agree to bequeath to charities on their death.
- The expectation of the donors was that charities receiving the funds would disburse the money to needy victims just as quickly.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.