Translation of doodlebug in Spanish:
- 1 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Zoology/Zoología] larva (feminine) de hormiga leónExample sentences
- I was so fascinated by ants, wasps, and doodlebugs that I would have squatted in the road all day too, but unfortunately I did not inherit the slow gene.
- One guy ate doodlebugs and another packed mud in his pants.
- 3 (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar], bomba (feminine) volante ([ de la segunda guerra mundial ])Example sentences
- Londoners under attack would come to know it as the doodlebug or buzz bomb, so called for the mechanical hum it made before dropping on its target.
- In 1943, I joined the Royal Marines at the Commando Training Unit, Lympstone, Devon, so I missed the doodlebugs and most of the V2 rockets.
- In many ways the crowd at a football match is like a World War Two doodlebug - it's when it stops making a noise that those on the ground should panic.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas