- 1 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Zoology/Zoología] larva (feminine) de hormiga leónMore example sentences
- I was so fascinated by ants, wasps, and doodlebugs that I would have squatted in the road all day too, but unfortunately I did not inherit the slow gene.
- One guy ate doodlebugs and another packed mud in his pants.
- 3 (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar], bomba (feminine) volante ([ de la segunda guerra mundial ])More example sentences
- Londoners under attack would come to know it as the doodlebug or buzz bomb, so called for the mechanical hum it made before dropping on its target.
- In 1943, I joined the Royal Marines at the Commando Training Unit, Lympstone, Devon, so I missed the doodlebugs and most of the V2 rockets.
- In many ways the crowd at a football match is like a World War Two doodlebug - it's when it stops making a noise that those on the ground should panic.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.