Translation of double time in Spanish:
- 1 [Business/Comercio] paga (feminine) doble on Sundays we're on double time los domingos nos dan paga doble or nos pagan el dobleExample sentences
- In addition, eligible employees who do work on the holiday are paid time-and-a-half for the first 11 hours and double time after 11 hours.
- Though it wasn't compulsory, everyone got a paid three-week holiday or bank holiday double time and days in lieu.
- But even double time wages were not enough to entice many workers to put themselves at risk, given the inadequacies of the resources that remained.
- 2 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Military/Militar] paso (masculine) ligeroExample sentences
- The patrol, at any given time, would pick up a double time for a short duration and, at times, change the logical direction of its movement to prevent being targeted or trailed.
- In the hours after the first quake in January, they marched in double time through devastated streets of Las Colinas, a neighborhood of Santa Tecla, carrying shovels across their chests like rifles.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (double-time)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Crianza is a term which refers both to the process of ageing wines, and to a category of wines, vinos de crianza, which have been aged for a minimum of two years, first in barrels or the more modern stainless steel tanks, and then in the bottle.