Translation of double time in Spanish:
- 1 [Business/Comercio] paga (feminine) doble on Sundays we're on double time los domingos nos dan paga doble or nos pagan el dobleExample sentences
- In addition, eligible employees who do work on the holiday are paid time-and-a-half for the first 11 hours and double time after 11 hours.
- Though it wasn't compulsory, everyone got a paid three-week holiday or bank holiday double time and days in lieu.
- But even double time wages were not enough to entice many workers to put themselves at risk, given the inadequacies of the resources that remained.
- 2 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Military/Militar] paso (masculine) ligeroExample sentences
- The patrol, at any given time, would pick up a double time for a short duration and, at times, change the logical direction of its movement to prevent being targeted or trailed.
- In the hours after the first quake in January, they marched in double time through devastated streets of Las Colinas, a neighborhood of Santa Tecla, carrying shovels across their chests like rifles.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (double-time)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.