- [flames] sofocar*; [light/candle] apagar*; [person] empapar he doused himself with petrol se roció con gasolinaMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Her t-shirt was doused in some liquid most likely liquor.
- Water passes through vents with each flush and is doused with fragrant liquid.
- Cupping my hands of the cool liquid, I doused my face in it, staring up at my wet faced reflection in the mirror blankly.
- At the airfield, chaos reigned as rescue crews equipped with fire extinguishers doused the flames emanating from the downed fighter.
- He sprung into action, grabbing the lab's fire blanket and dousing the flames that were playing across the workbench.
- It was only as the fire brigade doused the final embers in my gutted home that I wondered if perhaps the invite had been a subtle Valentine's message after all.
Browse other language resources
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)