Translation of douse in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [flames] sofocar*; [light/candle] apagar*; [person] empapar he doused himself with petrol se roció con gasolinaExample sentences
- Her t-shirt was doused in some liquid most likely liquor.
- Water passes through vents with each flush and is doused with fragrant liquid.
- Cupping my hands of the cool liquid, I doused my face in it, staring up at my wet faced reflection in the mirror blankly.
- At the airfield, chaos reigned as rescue crews equipped with fire extinguishers doused the flames emanating from the downed fighter.
- He sprung into action, grabbing the lab's fire blanket and dousing the flames that were playing across the workbench.
- It was only as the fire brigade doused the final embers in my gutted home that I wondered if perhaps the invite had been a subtle Valentine's message after all.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...