Translation of drum in Spanish:
- 1 [Music/Música] 1.1 tambor (masculine) to beat the drum for sth anunciar or pregonar algo con bombos y platillos or (Spain/España) a bombo y platillo 1.2(drums plural)(in band) batería (feminine) with Buddy Rich on drums con Buddy Rich en (la) bateríaExample sentences
- Intensity and loudness increases by the middle of the movement, with some sharp attacks by the strings, with drums and syncopated rhythms.
- While the 72nd Sutton Music Festival will benefit from a grant of £300 to enable organisers to set up a new section for drums and keyboard musicians.
- Jazz bands without drums or bass oblige the remaining participants to be extremely industrious.
- 2 2.1 (container) bidón (masculine) 2.2 (machine part) tambor (masculine) a revolving drum un tambor giratorioExample sentences2.3 (spool) tambor (masculine)
- Instead they may show excessive interest in repetitive activities, such as lining up their toys or watching the washing machine drum rotate for an extended period of time.
- Mohsan likened clock speeds to the RPM's of washing machine drums.
- Our baits were stored in large metal washing machine drums that we had shipped out specifically for the purpose, this kept them in superb condition.
- Though barrels may be close to extinct, companies still ship some oil in 55-gallon steel drums.
- Inside the drum's body is a padlocked hatch into which the money falls.
- Inside the bottomless drum are mixed items waiting to be sorted, treasures waiting to be uncovered.
- 3 [Cars/Automovilismo] 3.1(brake drum)tambor (masculine) (del freno) 3.2 (brake) [colloquial/familiar] freno (masculine) de tamborExample sentences
- My las' drum was in a tower block an' the lifts were never workin'.
- As 1992 approaches, a new drum in SE15 would have you well placed to enter the European market place.
- I'll give you all the drum - since the police station was bombed and someone offed his wife, Tom Croydon has been mighty surly.
- The boss has got a heap of good race horses and he always gives you the drum when they're goin'.
- 4 [Architecture/Arquitectura] tambor (masculine)Example sentences
- Foster and Partners' solution was to clad the circular drum with limestone to match the courtyard walls.
- Portions of this platform could then be removed in stages to allow the drum of the dome to be constructed through the platform.
- Sydney's brick drum, which was never intended to be seen from the outside, is being given a Portland stone skin.
- Today several column drums and capitals are to be found in GD 80.
- The Corinthian pronaos surmounted by a drum in Juvarra's design for the facade was only added in the 19th century.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-mm-)
- [table/floor] golpetear to drum one's fingers tamborilear con los dedos
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (-mm-)
drum intoverb + object + preposition + object/verbo + complemento + preposición + complemento to drum sth into sb o sb's head hacerle* aprender algo a algn a fuerza de repetírselo or [colloquial/familiar] de machacárselo she has had it drummed into her that she mustn't … le han hecho aprender a fuerza de repetírselo or [colloquial/familiar] de machacárselo que no debe …
drum out ofverb + object + adverb + preposition + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio + preposición + complemento [of army/school] expulsar de
drum upverb + adverb + object/verbo + adverbio + complemento [support] conseguir*, obtener* she's trying to drum up enthusiasm for the scheme está tratando de despertar entusiasmo por el plan
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.