- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (color) pardo (masculine)Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (horse) caballo (masculine) pardo
- A mutt the colour of dun stood near by, barking every now and again.
- Surrounding the cone on three sides were high walls of volcanic rock forming an amphitheater almost a mile and a half wide, a subtle palette of dun, gray, and beige.
- She was his mount, a unicorn mare with a dun's coat.
- The Indians ride bareback on paints (white horses with dark colored markings) and duns (grayish brown horses) with snaffle bridles.
- Three women were working in the kitchen and a man was sitting at the table, sipping black coffee from a cup bigger than the dun's hoof.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-nn-)
- 1.1to dun sb
forsth acosar or apremiar a algn para que pague algo 1.2(dunning present participle/participio presente)[letter/notice] en que se exige el pago de una deudaExample sentences
- Have I decided to stop dunning you for contributions?
- They had been dunning me for a £10 bill I had naively thought I would leave to the next serious accounting.
- The Vendome incident would haunt him for a long time, since well after he had served his prison sentence the Republican government would be dunning him for 500,000 francs, the cost of restoring the column.