- 2 countable (horse)caballo (masculine) pardoExample sentences
- She was his mount, a unicorn mare with a dun's coat.
- The Indians ride bareback on paints (white horses with dark colored markings) and duns (grayish brown horses) with snaffle bridles.
- Three women were working in the kitchen and a man was sitting at the table, sipping black coffee from a cup bigger than the dun's hoof.
transitive verb present participle dunning past tense, past participle dunned
- 2also: dunning present participle(letter/notice)
en que se exige el pago de una deudaExample sentences
- Have I decided to stop dunning you for contributions?
- They had been dunning me for a £10 bill I had naively thought I would leave to the next serious accounting.
- The Vendome incident would haunt him for a long time, since well after he had served his prison sentence the Republican government would be dunning him for 500,000 francs, the cost of restoring the column.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.