Translation of east in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (point of the compass, direction) este (masculine) the east, the East el este, el Este it lies to the east of the city está al este de la ciudad the wind is blowing from o is in the east el viento sopla or viene del este or del Este east-northeast estenoreste (masculine) east-southeast estesureste (masculine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (region) the east, the East el este a town in the east of England una ciudad del este or en el este de Inglaterra
- To the east of the road rise the lower slopes of a mountain range dominated by no less than seven Munros, the highest group of hills in Britain south of Tayside.
- From the patio where I work I have a view of the bay of Cassis and the beautiful cliffs that rise to the east of it.
- You know, Mojave is north and to the east of Los Angeles.
- The prime meridian is the line that separates geographic east from west on the globe.
- When that happens, the Sun is rising due east, setting due west, and daylight lasts as long as night.
- 2the East (the Orient) (el) Oriente (the Communist bloc) [History/Historia] [Politics/Política] el Este (before noun/delante del nombre) East-West relations las relaciones Este-OesteExample sentences
- Hitler made it very clear that war in the East was to be like no other war fought by Germany.
- Finally, the material plenty of the West appeared in sharp contrast to the depravity of the East.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.