Translation of effective in Spanish:
- 1.1 (producing the desired result) [method/treatment] eficaz, efectivo the effective life of sth la vida útil de algoExample sentences1.2 (striking) [design/contrast] de mucho or gran efecto as a speaker, she's extremely effective tiene grandes dotes de oradora 1.3 (applicable) (predicative/predicativo) the new law becomes effective as from December 15 la nueva ley entrará en vigor or en vigencia a partir del 15 de diciembre
Example sentences1.4 (real) (before noun/delante del nombre) [control/leader] efectivo, real
- A container deposit system is also effective in increasing environmental awareness.
- This is not a pretty movie, although it is effective in what it intends to do.
- The genre of the sports spectacle is particularly effective in producing such narratives.
- The law is effective today and about 100,000 Ohioans are expected to apply for permits in the next six months.
- The Act will then receive Royal Assent and become effective law three months later - hunting could be banned by early 2005.
- The new rate increase was to be effective from Jan.1, meaning phone bills for January were set to be based on the new higher rate.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.