Translation of ego in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural egos)
- 1.1 [Psychology/Psicología] the ego el yo, el egoExample sentences1.2 (self-regard) amor (masculine) propio, ego (masculine) to damage sb's ego herir* a algn en su amor propio to deflate sb's ego bajarle los humos a algn to boost sb's ego alimentar el ego de algn
- Jung also found that in practice both anima and animus act in dreams and in the imagination as mediators of the unconscious to the ego, so providing a means for inner as well as outer adaptation.
- The effects of a shift in identity from the ego to the inner self are dramatic and remarkable.
- Letting go of the ego, the persona, the rational mind is a central experience in mystical traditions.
- If I do get all of that done and sorted out properly my meetings tend to go very well, and that's a big big boost to my ego.
- Your natural reactions to circumstances encourage success and the healthy growth of your ego and self-esteem.
- It is very flattering and a big boost to the ego to receive compliments from someone like Stacey Jones.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.