- 1 uncountable/no numerable (fame) prestigio (masculine), renombre (masculine), eminencia (feminine)More example sentences
- The Edinburgh operation is in a very healthy situation, we are encountering very significant growth, and we can build on our core talents to operate from a position of eminence and strength in these competitive markets.
- Salieri, who has risen from humble origins to his position of eminence through sheer hard work, is a deeply devout man.
- While retaining strong connections with his roots, he progressed inexorably from unexceptional beginnings to a position of some eminence in Vienna.
- 2 countable/numerable(Eminence)(title of cardinal) Eminencia His Eminence Cardinal Roncalli Su Eminencia el cardenal Roncalli Your Eminence Su or Vuestra Eminencia
- 3 countable/numerable (hill) [formal] promontorio (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- The great railway barons, corrupt legislators, and assorted judicial eminences who made the legal history of American railroads are given only the most scant personal attention.
- The male cheerleader was something of a campus eminence, regarded as an up-and-coming entrepreneur and future captain of industry.
- This was the perfect voice to carry pop culture through the mid-60s, till things went tragic and the Beatles turned into eminences cloistered enough to be their own parodies.
- Join us for five days of hiking around Uncompahgre and Wetterhorn Peaks, complete with deep valleys, rocky eminences, alpine tundra, and towering mountains.
- Upriver loomed the rocky eminence of Nephin Mountain.
- A striking iceberg that I had seen photos of before had two foothill eminences joined at the top by a soaring St. Louis Gateway Arch of ice.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Pulque is a thick, white, Mexican alcoholic drink made from fermented maguey juice; the sacred drink of the Aztecs. It is drunk without being aged, sometimes with added fruit or vegetable juice. Pulquerías are bars where it is drunk.