Translation of eminence in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (fame)Example sentences
- The Edinburgh operation is in a very healthy situation, we are encountering very significant growth, and we can build on our core talents to operate from a position of eminence and strength in these competitive markets.
- Salieri, who has risen from humble origins to his position of eminence through sheer hard work, is a deeply devout man.
- While retaining strong connections with his roots, he progressed inexorably from unexceptional beginnings to a position of some eminence in Vienna.
- 2 countablealso: Eminence(title of cardinal)His Eminence Cardinal RoncalliEminenciaYour EminenceSu Eminencia el cardenal RoncalliSu or Vuestra Eminencia
- 3 countable (hill) [formal]Example sentences
- The great railway barons, corrupt legislators, and assorted judicial eminences who made the legal history of American railroads are given only the most scant personal attention.
- The male cheerleader was something of a campus eminence, regarded as an up-and-coming entrepreneur and future captain of industry.
- This was the perfect voice to carry pop culture through the mid-60s, till things went tragic and the Beatles turned into eminences cloistered enough to be their own parodies.
- Join us for five days of hiking around Uncompahgre and Wetterhorn Peaks, complete with deep valleys, rocky eminences, alpine tundra, and towering mountains.
- Upriver loomed the rocky eminence of Nephin Mountain.
- A striking iceberg that I had seen photos of before had two foothill eminences joined at the top by a soaring St. Louis Gateway Arch of ice.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the