Translation of emphatic in Spanish:
- [gesture/tone] enérgico, enfático; [assertion/refusal] categórico he was most emphatic puso gran énfasis en ello an emphatic 'no' un 'no' rotundo or categórico she was emphatic about the need for further improvements hizo hincapié en la necesidad de nuevas mejorasExample sentences
- He is also emphatic that he is not a consumerist fanatic.
- He was particularly emphatic about the importance of keeping the public informed of these developments.
- Smita is emphatic that ‘no community lives within its borders’.
- A win is a win, but this was hardly the emphatic result needed to banish those Danish blues.
- Paul Botterill had given Volunteer an excellent start, but solid scoring from all the Britannia team ensured an emphatic result.
- The results are more emphatic than I was expecting and this is extremely good news.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas