- [gesture/tone] enérgico, enfático; [assertion/refusal] categórico he was most emphatic puso gran énfasis en ello an emphatic 'no' un 'no' rotundo or categórico she was emphatic about the need for further improvements hizo hincapié en la necesidad de nuevas mejorasMore example sentences
More example sentences
- He is also emphatic that he is not a consumerist fanatic.
- He was particularly emphatic about the importance of keeping the public informed of these developments.
- Smita is emphatic that ‘no community lives within its borders’.
- A win is a win, but this was hardly the emphatic result needed to banish those Danish blues.
- Paul Botterill had given Volunteer an excellent start, but solid scoring from all the Britannia team ensured an emphatic result.
- The results are more emphatic than I was expecting and this is extremely good news.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.