- 1 uncountable/no numerable 1.1 (work) trabajo (masculine) he is not in regular employment no tiene (un) trabajo fijo to seek employment buscar* empleo or trabajo when would you be available to take up employment? (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) [formal] ¿cuándo podría empezar a trabajar? the conditions/place of employment las condiciones/el lugar de trabajo (before noun/delante del nombre) employment agency agencia (feminine) de trabajo or colocación 1.2 (availability of work) empleo (masculine) full employment pleno empleo (masculine) the Department of Employment (in (United Kingdom/el Reino Unido) ) el Ministerio/la Secretaría de Trabajo (before noun/delante del nombre) [legislation] laboral employment opportunities oportunidades (feminine plural) de empleo employment statistics estadísticas (feminine plural) del desempleoMore example sentences1.3 (hiring, taking on) contratación (feminine)
More example sentences
- But does this responsibility not also extend to parents in paid employment?
- But why do we think it beyond the capabilities of students to take on paid employment while studying?
- The number of people in paid employment has more or less doubled since 1990.
- We recommend also that the members resolve to consider the employment of a full-time solicitor.
- Interviews must be conducted with care and an understanding of employment discrimination laws.
- There was also a positive change in employment of young people below 30 registered over the month.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (use) utilización (f), empleo (m)More example sentences
- Not only does fortification preserves their combat potential but also improves combat employment of weapons and equipment.
- World War II offers ample material for a study of the combat employment of mountain troops.
- Understanding these benefits and limitations is critical to the proper employment of space forces.
- 3 countable/numerable (pastime) [formal] pasatiempo (masculine)More example sentences
- Psychological tests, widely used in a variety of sensitive employments, would be deemed forbidden by the Constitution if a judge thought them ‘unreasonable.’
- This means trading and professional income together with income from non-pensionable employments.
- After running for state legislature and losing, he took up a variety of employments, from blacksmith to shop keeper.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...