- 1 uncountable/no numerable 1.1 (work) trabajo (masculine) he is not in regular employment no tiene (un) trabajo fijo to seek employment buscar* empleo or trabajo when would you be available to take up employment? (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) [formal] ¿cuándo podría empezar a trabajar? the conditions/place of employment las condiciones/el lugar de trabajo (before noun/delante del nombre) employment agency agencia (feminine) de trabajo or colocación 1.2 (availability of work) empleo (masculine) full employment pleno empleo (masculine) the Department of Employment (in (United Kingdom/el Reino Unido) ) el Ministerio/la Secretaría de Trabajo (before noun/delante del nombre) [legislation] laboral employment opportunities oportunidades (feminine plural) de empleo employment statistics estadísticas (feminine plural) del desempleoMore example sentences1.3 (hiring, taking on) contratación (feminine)
More example sentences
- But does this responsibility not also extend to parents in paid employment?
- But why do we think it beyond the capabilities of students to take on paid employment while studying?
- The number of people in paid employment has more or less doubled since 1990.
- We recommend also that the members resolve to consider the employment of a full-time solicitor.
- Interviews must be conducted with care and an understanding of employment discrimination laws.
- There was also a positive change in employment of young people below 30 registered over the month.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (use) utilización (f), empleo (m)More example sentences
- Not only does fortification preserves their combat potential but also improves combat employment of weapons and equipment.
- World War II offers ample material for a study of the combat employment of mountain troops.
- Understanding these benefits and limitations is critical to the proper employment of space forces.
- 3 countable/numerable (pastime) [formal] pasatiempo (masculine)More example sentences
- Psychological tests, widely used in a variety of sensitive employments, would be deemed forbidden by the Constitution if a judge thought them ‘unreasonable.’
- This means trading and professional income together with income from non-pensionable employments.
- After running for state legislature and losing, he took up a variety of employments, from blacksmith to shop keeper.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.