Translation of employment in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable 1.1 (work) trabajo (masculine) he is not in regular employment no tiene (un) trabajo fijo to seek employment buscar* empleo or trabajo when would you be available to take up employment? (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) [formal] ¿cuándo podría empezar a trabajar? the conditions/place of employment las condiciones/el lugar de trabajo 1.2 (availability of work) empleo (masculine) the Department of Employment (in UK) ≈ el Ministerio/la Secretaría de Trabajo (before noun/delante del nombre) [legislation] laboral employment opportunities oportunidades (feminine plural) de empleo employment statistics estadísticas (feminine plural) del desempleoExample sentences1.3 (hiring, taking on) contratación (feminine)
- But does this responsibility not also extend to parents in paid employment?
- But why do we think it beyond the capabilities of students to take on paid employment while studying?
- The number of people in paid employment has more or less doubled since 1990.
- We recommend also that the members resolve to consider the employment of a full-time solicitor.
- Interviews must be conducted with care and an understanding of employment discrimination laws.
- There was also a positive change in employment of young people below 30 registered over the month.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (use) utilización (feminine), empleo (masculine)Example sentences
- Not only does fortification preserves their combat potential but also improves combat employment of weapons and equipment.
- World War II offers ample material for a study of the combat employment of mountain troops.
- Understanding these benefits and limitations is critical to the proper employment of space forces.
- 3 countable/numerable (pastime) [formal] pasatiempo (masculine)Example sentences
- Psychological tests, widely used in a variety of sensitive employments, would be deemed forbidden by the Constitution if a judge thought them ‘unreasonable.’
- This means trading and professional income together with income from non-pensionable employments.
- After running for state legislature and losing, he took up a variety of employments, from blacksmith to shop keeper.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.