Translation of endeavor in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (attempt) he made every endeavor to helpse esforzó al máximo por ayudarintentó ayudar por todos los mediosExample sentences1.2 uncountable (striving) a milestone in the field of human endeavor
un hito en el campo del empeño humanoExample sentences
- Among my own more active endeavours was an attempt to hire a man to help with fetching water and doing laundry, both considered women's work.
- Local administrators have undertaken to revitalise the sport and have brought to the Silver City a group of players and development personnel in an endeavor to achieve this.
- The team maintained the pressure and Gore was rewarded for his endeavour with a goal to seal the win from close range.
- Over 38 games application, effort, endeavour, commitment and preparation go a long way and we have them in abundance.
- The Sunday Schools sprang from the same era of earnest endeavour, as did the widespread drive to establish Friendly Societies supervised by the clergy.
- The basic requirement for each participant is measured by hours of endeavour and effort with no student having an advantage over another in earning the award.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.