Translation of endeavor in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (attempt) esfuerzo (masculine), intento (masculine) he made every endeavor to help se esforzó al máximo por ayudar, intentó ayudar por todos los mediosExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (striving) empeño (masculine) a milestone in the field of human endeavor un hito en el campo del empeño humano
- Among my own more active endeavours was an attempt to hire a man to help with fetching water and doing laundry, both considered women's work.
- Local administrators have undertaken to revitalise the sport and have brought to the Silver City a group of players and development personnel in an endeavor to achieve this.
- The team maintained the pressure and Gore was rewarded for his endeavour with a goal to seal the win from close range.
- Over 38 games application, effort, endeavour, commitment and preparation go a long way and we have them in abundance.
- The Sunday Schools sprang from the same era of earnest endeavour, as did the widespread drive to establish Friendly Societies supervised by the clergy.
- The basic requirement for each participant is measured by hours of endeavour and effort with no student having an advantage over another in earning the award.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to