Translation of endure in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [hardship/pain] soportar, aguantar 1.2 (tolerate) soportar, tolerar I will not endure this treatment any longer no voy a seguir consintiendo or tolerando que se me trate asíExample sentences
- I now understand the pain and suffering a terminal illness can cause, suffering not just endured by the patient but by their loved ones.
- Mr Sanderson worked for 37 years at York Carriageworks and died of an illness related to asbestos, after enduring a long and painful collapse.
- It was difficult to gauge who had endured the more difficult week.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [fame/friendship/memories] perdurar; [system] sostenerse*Example sentences
- Your strength in personal affairs is your ability to build a well-knit, solid relationship that endures and continues to thrive year after year.
- It has worked so far for the Murdochs, but whether the concept will endure, however, remains to be seen.
- Above all, the stones remain and endure and, as he rightly reminds us, they too have a story to tell.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.