- 1 (like) I enjoyed the book me gustó mucho el libro, disfruté mucho el or del libro I enjoy wine/music me gusta el vino/la música I enjoyed the party/my time at college lo pasé bien en la fiesta/universidad just relax and enjoy life relájate y disfruta (de) la vida to enjoy each moment to the full disfrutar al máximo de cada momento you must meet Peter, I think you'll enjoy him (AmE) tienes que conocer a Peter, creo que te va a caer bien or te va a gustarto enjoy
-ingI enjoy traveling/reading me gusta viajar/leer, disfruto viajando/leyendoMore example sentences
- They allegedly spent the money on watching three movies and enjoying a sumptuous dinner.
- She was in great form that day and enjoyed the occasion and meeting up with many of her old friends.
- This gives them their only opportunity to enjoy the occasional meal out or a drink with friends.
- 2 (have, experience) disfrutar de, gozar* de she enjoys good health/a high standard of living disfruta or goza de buena salud/de un nivel de vida altoMore example sentences
- We in this generation are enjoying the benefits of many inventions of the past for little or no money.
- She no longer enjoys the benefit of a legal aid certificate.
- An additional advantage is that it now enjoys the benefit of fuel-efficiency.
- to enjoy oneself divertirse*, pasarlo bienMore example sentences
- The weather was beautiful, hopefully the first of many such pleasant days enjoying ourselves this week.
- This also means they will probably be buried in books while others are enjoying themselves at parties.
- All agreed it was a beautiful ceremony and those who watched it live enjoyed themselves immensely until the early hours.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...