Translation of enjoy in Spanish:
- 1 (like) I enjoyed the bookme gustó mucho el libroI enjoy wine/music
disfruté mucho el or del librome gusta el vino/la músicaI enjoyed the party/my time at collegelo pasé bien en la fiesta/universidadjust relax and enjoy liferelájate y disfruta (de) la vidato enjoy each moment to the fulldisfrutar al máximo de cada momentoyou must meet Peter, I think you'll enjoy him (American English)tienes que conocer a Peter, creo que te va a caer bien or te va a gustarto enjoy
-ingI enjoy traveling/readingme gusta viajar/leer
disfruto viajando/leyendoExample sentences
- They allegedly spent the money on watching three movies and enjoying a sumptuous dinner.
- She was in great form that day and enjoyed the occasion and meeting up with many of her old friends.
- This gives them their only opportunity to enjoy the occasional meal out or a drink with friends.
- 2 (have, experience)disfrutar deshe enjoys good health/a high standard of living
gozar dedisfruta or goza de buena salud/de un nivel de vida altoExample sentences
- We in this generation are enjoying the benefits of many inventions of the past for little or no money.
- She no longer enjoys the benefit of a legal aid certificate.
- An additional advantage is that it now enjoys the benefit of fuel-efficiency.
- to enjoy oneselfdivertirse
pasarlo bienExample sentences
- The weather was beautiful, hopefully the first of many such pleasant days enjoying ourselves this week.
- This also means they will probably be buried in books while others are enjoying themselves at parties.
- All agreed it was a beautiful ceremony and those who watched it live enjoyed themselves immensely until the early hours.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.