Translation of enter in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(room/house/country)the ship will enter port at 6 o'clock
entrar a (especially Latin America)el buque entrará a puerto or tomará puerto a las seis en puntothe sewage enters the sea untreatedlas aguas residuales llegan al mar or van a dar al mar sin haber sido tratadasit never entered my headni se me ocurrió
ni se me pasó por la mente or la cabezaExample sentences1.2 (penetrate)
- To enter into dialogue with a culture that does not possess the ontological security of majority cultures is to enter a representational space of intimacy.
- We entered the City at the original site of Temple Bar and descended Fleet Street, now a mere shadow of its former journalistic self.
- As planned, Buddha enters the City to attend a feast.
- 2 (begin)(period/phase)the strike is entering its third week
entrar enla huelga está entrando en su tercera semanaExample sentences
- It is expected to transform every life stage it enters.
- He also noted that the party is entering its 20th year in existence on December 21.
- 3 3.1 (join)(army)
entrar en(firm/organization)she entered politics at an early age
incorporarse ainició su carrera or andadura política siendo aún muy jovento enter the priesthoodhacerse sacerdoteExample sentences3.2 (begin to take part in)
- Following this he became a Schools Inspector, entering at this stage the same profession as that of his father.
- The condition he has was discovered while he was a teenager and had been treated and noted before he entered Yale.
- Suggest a book for someone considering entering the Catholic Church.
sumarse aExample sentences3.3
(student/candidate)she entered herself/three students for the examination
- In the last surviving section, the betrothed is introduced to and enters her new Byzantine family.
- The national interest analysis notes some of the disadvantages to New Zealand in entering a closer economic partnership with Thailand.
presentarse presentó/presentó a tres estudiantes al examen12 horses have been entered in the racese han inscrito 12 caballos para tomar parte en la carreraExample sentences
- Nevertheless, success in the Islamic Games' tennis and entering the World Group play-offs are the landmarks of our national tennis.
- I am working towards entering the City of Glasgow Great Scottish Run on September 8.
- Luxembourg have entered the World Cup 15 times and finished bottom of their qualifying group every time.
(race)are you going to enter the competition?
- In nearly all cases, the defendant enters a guilty plea before trial.
- During a hearing on Monday, his solicitor entered no plea and made no application for bail.
- She too had been given an indication that upon such pleas being entered, the prosecution would not proceed further against her husband.
inscribirse (para tomar parte) en¿te vas a presentar al concurso?
- 4 4.1 (record — in register)(— in ledger, book) anotarto enter one's name on a list
dar entrada ainscribirse en una listawords are entered in alphabetical orderse da entrada a las palabras por orden alfabéticoshe entered a cross against my namepuso una cruz junto a mi nombreExample sentences4.2 (Computing)
- Secondly, you can deliberately enter information about yourself into a digital profile.
- So when you enter your information, it's going to a criminal somewhere in the Internet, who's taking that data and using it for financial crime.
- Users can use it to enter information about themselves on any web site without having to type it in manually every time.
dar entrada a
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.