- 1.1 [Ecology/Ecología] the environment el medio ambiente the Department of the Environment (in (United Kingdom/el Reino Unido) ) el Ministerio del Medio Ambiente, la Secretaría de Desarrollo Urbano y Ecología (en Méx)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (surroundings) a hostile environment for man un medio hostil al hombre she's studying rabbits in their natural environment estudia a los conejos en su entorno or hábitat natural wild animals suffer in a zoo environment los animales salvajes sufren en el ambiente de un zoológico children need a stable home environment los niños necesitan un hogar estable
- I lived in hostile environments, surrounded by religious bigotry where no one understood me.
- As one might expect, the environments in which farm animals are confined can also be significantly contaminated.
- They have no respect for their environment, their surroundings and their neighbours.
- I am involved in creating pesticides that are better for both humans and the environment.
- So much sewage being pumped into the Thames is bad for the environment, bad for human health and bad for the image of the Thames.
- Education and the environment are the key areas of interest for the bank, worldwide.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The CAP (Curso de Adaptación Pedagógica) is a course taken in Spain by graduates with degrees in subjects other than education, who want to teach at secondary level. Students take a CAP in a particular subject, such as mathematics, literature, etc.