Translation of envy in Spanish:
- I was filled with envy at his successsu éxito me llenó de envidiaeaten up with envycarcomido or corroído por la envidiaher beauty excited the envy of the other womenlas otras envidiaban su bellezayou'll be the envy of the whole schoolserás la envidia de toda la escuelaExample sentences
- Full of self-doubt and lack of true self-esteem, the hero's emotions express themselves in extravagant, paranoid projections, envies and resentments - most of which he foists onto his indirect or mediated rival.
- ‘I may have a lot of bad qualities like jealousy, envy and anger, but it takes a long time for anyone to really irk me,’ says the actor.
- Love cancels resentment, envy and jealousy and replaces them with kindness, forbearance and cordiality.
transitive verb envies, envying, envied
- I envy herle tengo or me da envidiato envy somebody something
la envidioenvidiarle algo a alguienI envy you your good fortunete envidio la suerte que tienesI don't envy him the responsibilityno le envidio la responsabilidadExample sentences
- She imagined her home even lovelier than it was now, and she imagined everyone admiring her, envying her, wishing they, too, had such a gift.
- You must mark out your territory as an artist, so that others learn to envy you and aspire to what you are doing.
- Borges' characters can similarly be said to envy women their desire that they cannot understand and do not dare explore.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.