Translation of envy in Spanish:
- envidia (feminine) I was filled with envy at his success su éxito me llenó de envidia eaten up with envy carcomido or corroído por la envidia her beauty excited the envy of the other women las otras envidiaban su belleza you'll be the envy of the whole school serás la envidia de toda la escuelaExample sentences
- Full of self-doubt and lack of true self-esteem, the hero's emotions express themselves in extravagant, paranoid projections, envies and resentments - most of which he foists onto his indirect or mediated rival.
- ‘I may have a lot of bad qualities like jealousy, envy and anger, but it takes a long time for anyone to really irk me,’ says the actor.
- Love cancels resentment, envy and jealousy and replaces them with kindness, forbearance and cordiality.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (envies, envying, envied)
- envidiar I envy her le tengo or me da envidia, la envidio to envy sb sth envidiarle algo a algn I envy you your good fortune te envidio la suerte que tienes I don't envy him the responsibility no le envidio la responsabilidad
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...