Translation of envy in Spanish:
- I was filled with envy at his successeaten up with envysu éxito me llenó de envidiaher beauty excited the envy of the other womencarcomido or corroído por la envidiayou'll be the envy of the whole schoollas otras envidiaban su bellezaserás la envidia de toda la escuelaExample sentences
- Full of self-doubt and lack of true self-esteem, the hero's emotions express themselves in extravagant, paranoid projections, envies and resentments - most of which he foists onto his indirect or mediated rival.
- ‘I may have a lot of bad qualities like jealousy, envy and anger, but it takes a long time for anyone to really irk me,’ says the actor.
- Love cancels resentment, envy and jealousy and replaces them with kindness, forbearance and cordiality.
transitive verb envies, envying, envied
- I envy herto envy somebody somethingle tengo or me da envidiala envidioI envy you your good fortuneenvidiarle algo a alguienI don't envy him the responsibilityte envidio la suerte que tienesno le envidio la responsabilidadExample sentences
- She imagined her home even lovelier than it was now, and she imagined everyone admiring her, envying her, wishing they, too, had such a gift.
- You must mark out your territory as an artist, so that others learn to envy you and aspire to what you are doing.
- Borges' characters can similarly be said to envy women their desire that they cannot understand and do not dare explore.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the