Translation of eon in Spanish:
- 1 [literary] for eonsmany eons agodesde hace sigloshace millones de añosExample sentences
- It is ages and aeons since I have been to the Hills.
- I'll spend aeons staring at bottles of expensive shampoo humming ‘Maybe this time’.
- Just after that, she started going out with a mutual friend of ours, who I'd dated aeons ago and was still friendly with.
- The theater photographs can be read as an analogue for both the interior of a still camera and the womb.
- Murphy can use other preindustrial crafts (hunting, sailing, animal husbandry) as subjects and analogues for similarly well-made poems.
- Each makes perfect sense when seen in isolation, but will nevertheless benefit from being viewed alongside its analogues, since detailed comparisons will then become possible.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.