Translation of epic in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo(usually before noun/generalmente delante del nombre)
- 1.1 [poem/poetry/film] épicoExample sentences1.2 [achievement/struggle] colosal, de epopeya it was an epic journey el viaje fue toda una epopeya on an epic scale a or en gran escala
- Christopher Marlowe's epic poem Hero and Leander, which is based on an ancient Greek myth, says more about the customs of contemporary England than of the ancient Greeks.
- The heroes of most epic poems, in particular, can be seen as symbolic and fictitious figures invented and contrived by poets to convey religious and political ideals.
- To kill one, whether or not with a crossbow, as in Coleridge's epic poem, was considered the ultimate omen of bad luck.
- Both species can engage in river journeys of epic scale.
- I'm trying to tell you about something of grand, epic proportions.
- My problem with this book is that while epic in scope it isn't in storytelling.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.