Translation of epic in Spanish:
adjective usually before noun
(achievement/struggle)it was an epic journey
- Christopher Marlowe's epic poem Hero and Leander, which is based on an ancient Greek myth, says more about the customs of contemporary England than of the ancient Greeks.
- The heroes of most epic poems, in particular, can be seen as symbolic and fictitious figures invented and contrived by poets to convey religious and political ideals.
- To kill one, whether or not with a crossbow, as in Coleridge's epic poem, was considered the ultimate omen of bad luck.
de epopeyael viaje fue toda una epopeyaon an epic scalea or en gran escalaExample sentences
- Both species can engage in river journeys of epic scale.
- I'm trying to tell you about something of grand, epic proportions.
- My problem with this book is that while epic in scope it isn't in storytelling.
- 1.1 (poem)poema (masculine) épicoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (film)
- Happily did he write epics according to ancient rule; no one was impressed.
- A welter of poems, plays, epics and narrative poetry came into existence all at once, altering the landscape of literary activity in Bengal forever.
- These soundbites will then be taken even further out of context by rival spinners and talking heads until they are told an retold, like the great epics of oral tradition, or a game of Telephone!
(novel) epopeya (feminine)1.3 (momentous series of events)Example sentences
- His script is unfocused, his direction uneasy; this film even lacks the visual splendor normally associated with epics and costume dramas.
- The tragedy of this conception, and the intelligence with which it is executed on screen, makes it unique among film epics.
- Oddly melancholy for a fantasy epic, the film overflows with sorrow for love lost, love unrequited, and the agony of lovers separated by the void of death.
- In the great epic of human activity, lunchtime is a relatively marginal interlude; but in the biography of a specific individual, what he thought and when is vital.
- I remember him appearing one morning, after his epic in sheeting rain where we'd all made the exception and accepted parental lifts.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.