Translation of epic in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo(usually before noun/generalmente delante del nombre)
- 1.1 [poem/poetry/film] épicoExample sentences1.2 [achievement/struggle] colosal, de epopeya it was an epic journey el viaje fue toda una epopeya on an epic scale a or en gran escala
- Christopher Marlowe's epic poem Hero and Leander, which is based on an ancient Greek myth, says more about the customs of contemporary England than of the ancient Greeks.
- The heroes of most epic poems, in particular, can be seen as symbolic and fictitious figures invented and contrived by poets to convey religious and political ideals.
- To kill one, whether or not with a crossbow, as in Coleridge's epic poem, was considered the ultimate omen of bad luck.
- Both species can engage in river journeys of epic scale.
- I'm trying to tell you about something of grand, epic proportions.
- My problem with this book is that while epic in scope it isn't in storytelling.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.