Translation of epicene in Spanish:
- 2 (effeminate) [literary]Example sentences
- He had an epicene beauty and his iconic character was the ‘thing in itself,’ comedy and pathos in the same figure.
- He was also a eunuch of such beauty that the sultan fell for his epicene handsomeness and appointed him his senior commander.
- For someone who has spent much of his life perfecting an image of epicene other-worldliness, he now bears startlingly normal hallmarks of a bloke you'd enjoy talking to down the pub.
- In this movie though, it's formed out of an epicene husband and a working-class orphan who have cemented their bonds in her absence, in a tent on an overnighter in the dark forest, to the tune of hooting owls.
- Among my favorites are the triumphant warrior Fortinbras represented by a pair of barefoot drips in angel costume, he blond and epicene, she a redheaded virago.
- Their gestures, facial expressions, and vocal intonations render them stereotypically gay or epicene.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.