Translation of epicenter in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Geology/Geología] epicentro (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (of revolt) foco (masculine)
- The most persuasive evidence for the existence of subduction zones is the narrow Benioff zones of earthquake epicentres dipping away from deep-sea trenches.
- The geographic point directly above the focus is called the earthquake epicenter.
- The water shifted above a quake does not move across the ocean, i.e. a log floating at the surface above the epicentre would not have been carried to Thailand or Somalia.
- By the late 1980s and 1990s, however, there had been a shift in the epicenter of concern about ecology.
- And at the epicentre of the military build-up is it's air base.
- The epicentre of military action, and therefore, of military losses, in the European war was the German - Soviet war.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.