Translation of epicenter in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Geology/Geología] epicentro (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (of revolt) foco (masculine)
- The most persuasive evidence for the existence of subduction zones is the narrow Benioff zones of earthquake epicentres dipping away from deep-sea trenches.
- The geographic point directly above the focus is called the earthquake epicenter.
- The water shifted above a quake does not move across the ocean, i.e. a log floating at the surface above the epicentre would not have been carried to Thailand or Somalia.
- By the late 1980s and 1990s, however, there had been a shift in the epicenter of concern about ecology.
- And at the epicentre of the military build-up is it's air base.
- The epicentre of military action, and therefore, of military losses, in the European war was the German - Soviet war.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.