n (pl -riums or, -ria /-riə/)u
- 1.1 (balance) equilibrio (m) to be in equilibrium estar* en equilibrioMore example sentences1.2 (poise) calma (f)
More example sentences
- An orderly life includes mental as well as physical equilibrium, and shunning all evil thoughts.
- Earth, unlike the other solar planets, is not in physical equilibrium.
- Once detached from the gland and ring, respectively, the cell and bubble become spherical to achieve physical equilibrium.
- It might appear from the above that postures, breathing techniques and sensory control automatically purge the mind of distractions and bring about equilibrium and calm.
- I certainly felt bound to the river for restoring my equilibrium, for calming my senses and for providing me with an escape from the city.
- He'd clearly achieved equilibrium as he calmed down until, noticing he wasn't packing his stuff, the checkout woman tried to help him.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)