Translation of erstwhile in Spanish:
- [literary] (before noun)(companions/foe)
- He assuredly bumped off a formidable array of erstwhile friends and possible rivals.
- To be fair to the script writers, they have made Todd behave in a way which entitled his erstwhile friends and neighbours to complain about his conduct.
- But there's nothing like a common enemy to get erstwhile rivals to work together.
- [literary]otrora [literary]Example sentences
- The future, as foreseen by Douglas Hurd, erstwhile Foreign Secretary to Margaret Thatcher, looks intriguing.
- Getting a brand that was erstwhile pushed by James Bond himself?
- Oil money has corrupted the media and a considerable segment of erstwhile critical intellectuals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.