Translation of escalate in Spanish:
- 1(fighting/violence/dispute)to escalate
into/ tosomethingthe scuffles escalated into a riotlas refriegas terminaron en serios disturbios callejerospollution has escalated to disastrous levelsla contaminación ha alcanzado niveles de extrema gravedadExample sentences
- Indeed, for each of these countries ethnic conflict has escalated into civil war.
- A local show of strength then escalated into a confrontation with police.
- It could easily have escalated into something far more serious, the spokesperson stressed.
- But the problem is that with rapidly escalating costs we are getting less for our money.
- In turn, the increased prices caused health costs to escalate in a vicious circle.
- The main factor that will put a brake on house price rises next year will be gradually escalating interest rates.
- 3also: escalating present participle(dispute/tension)escalating wages/prices
crecientesueldos/precios que van en escalada or en continuo aumento
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.