- 1 uncountable/no numerable 1.1 (central feature, quality) esencia (feminine) in essence en esencia of the essence de fundamental importanciaMore example sentences1.2 (personification) personificación (feminine) he's the very essence of a diplomat es la diplomacia personificada, es la personificación de la diplomacia
- Her portrayal of the sexy evangelist Reno Sweeney was outstanding, catching the very essence of this character.
- Usually the design process involves taking messy reality and isolating its abstract essence.
- The chief aim of this inquiry has been to shed light on the nature and essence of the disagreement between the two.
- 2 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable [Cookery/Cocina] vanilla essence o essence of vanilla esencia (feminine) de vainillaMore example sentences
- Whip the evaporated milk until frothy and then add the jelly, cheese, vanilla essence and lemon juice.
- The addition of two drops of vanilla essence in the glasses masked the flavour of both the beverages.
- Cream butter and vanilla essence in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)