Translation of establish in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(colony/community/company)(bridgehead)his father established him in businesssu padre lo ayudó a establecerse en los negociosExample sentences1.2
(criteria/procedure)to establish a precedentto establish diplomatic relationssentar (un) precedentethe army was sent to establish orderestablecer relaciones diplomáticasse enviaron efectivos del ejército para imponer el ordenExample sentences
- Beatrice, a former director of a market research company, had just established her own firm.
- He left the security of permanent employment to establish a sports centre in Melbourne.
- It will be the first licensed international brokerage firm to be established in Abu Dhabi.
- He has firmly established himself as a young goalkeeper with a big future.
- The gold was won by Christian Olsson, the Swede, who has firmly established himself as Jonathan Edwards's heir.
- During that time she has established herself as an accomplished broadcaster, capable of dealing with the most delicate and difficult news stories.
- 2 2.1 (cause people to accept) See examples: she saw it as a way of establishing her authorityhe soon established a reputation as a womanizerlo veía como una manera de dejar sentado que era ella quien mandaba2.2 (prove)pronto se ganó la fama de ser un donjuánExample sentences2.3 (ascertain)
(motive/fact/identity)we're trying to establish where/what/how …estamos tratando de establecer or de determinar dónde/qué/cómo …
- The firm's research had established that 75 retailers had requirements for space in York, some of whom would want to come into the city from outside.
- Research firmly establishes a link between a country's increased trade and economic well-being.
- Research has firmly established the link between social function and pathological outcomes.
- to establish oneself 1.1 (become successful, secure)he established himself in the legal professionestablecersehe quickly established himself as the office clownse hizo un nombre or se estableció en el mundo jurídicoshe's established herself in our housepronto se ganó la fama de ser el bufón de la oficina1.2se ha instalado en nuestra casa(idea/tendency)imponersearraigarseExample sentences
- I am also grateful to my sister for her liaison with indigenous education colleagues, and for establishing some of my contacts in Adelaide.
- Some teachers would make an initial effort to establish communication and then would lessen their efforts.
- But once contact had been established, the information given was both speedy and accurate.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the