Translation of establishment in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (of colony, business)(of position, bridgehead) establecimiento (masculine)(of committee) creación (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (of criteria, relations)
- Wahid proposed the establishment of an independent monitoring commission to work toward peace, but was ousted in July 2001.
- The Council recommended the establishment of an independent tribunal, plus further rights of appeal.
- Preventing the establishment of a state religion is quite clearly a permissible goal under Locke.
- 2 countable (club, hotel, shop) military establishmentsinstalaciones (feminine plural) militaresExample sentences
- There are more than 1.1 million retail establishments across the country, an average of one every three square miles.
- Product mix and how a retail establishment looks play huge roles in attracting customers.
- It's very nice that your establishment requires their staff to dress up for Halloween.
- 3 3.1the Establishment (people who preserve the accepted order)la clase dirigente(before noun) Establishment attitudes/values
el establishmentlas actitudes/los valores de la clase dirigente3.2 (ruling group) the literary establishmentlas figuras consagradas del mundo literariothe medical establishmentel establishment dentro de la profesión médica
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.