Translation of evening in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(before dark)at 10 in the evening
tarde (feminine)a las 10 de la nocheat 6 in the eveninga las 6 de la tardehe came in the evening(before dark)
vino por la tarde
vino en la tarde (Latin America)
vino a la tarde or de tarde (River Plate area)(after dark)every Tuesday evening
vino por la noche
vino de noche
vino en la noche (Latin America)todos los martes por la tarde/noche ( or en la tarde etc)let's have an evening out tonight¿por qué no salimos esta noche?(before noun) evening meal evening performancefunción (feminine) de tardethe evening starel lucero de la tarde1.2 we felt like an evening of bridge
la estrella de Venusteníamos ganas de pasar una noche jugando al bridgeone of their famous musical eveningsuna de sus famosas veladas musicalesExample sentences1.3 (concluding period) [literary]
- Trosley's next event, an evening of Russian folk music round a campfire, is taking place on Saturday.
- The disc is too propulsive to be background music, but too modest to be your evening's main event.
- Lying in Morgan's double bed, their heads inches apart, Dawn thinks over the evening's events.
- 2also: evenings (as adverb)(before dark)
por la tarde
en la tarde (Latin America)
a la tarde or de tarde (River Plate area)Example sentences
- Except for short exercise periods in the evening the prisoners were confined to their individual cells for the first three days.
- When I was doing the play I was tiring and absolutely using up all of my resources but it was a two hour period in the evening and then it was finished.
- Then allocate work to do in all your free periods and in the evening.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.