Translation of evolve in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 [Biology/Biología] evolucionarExample sentences1.2 [idea/system] evolucionar, desarrollarse
- If all organisms evolved from a single common ancestor, what do these groups actually represent?
- It is now thought that the genes for the rod and cone pigments evolved from a common ancestral gene.
- By the late Oligocene, the two modern lineages of cetaceans had evolved from archaeocete ancestors.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [system/theory] desarrollarExample sentences
- His son Charles joined the firm at the age of 13 and the business gradually evolved into providing pet and garden supplies.
- The delicate ceramic pieces began with a simple meaning and gradually evolved into something deeper.
- Trains on railways such as these moved slowly, and the footpaths alongside them gradually evolved into roads.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the