- 1.1 [Biology/Biología] evolucionarMore example sentences1.2 [idea/system] evolucionar, desarrollarse
- If all organisms evolved from a single common ancestor, what do these groups actually represent?
- It is now thought that the genes for the rod and cone pigments evolved from a common ancestral gene.
- By the late Oligocene, the two modern lineages of cetaceans had evolved from archaeocete ancestors.
- [system/theory] desarrollarMore example sentences
- His son Charles joined the firm at the age of 13 and the business gradually evolved into providing pet and garden supplies.
- The delicate ceramic pieces began with a simple meaning and gradually evolved into something deeper.
- Trains on railways such as these moved slowly, and the footpaths alongside them gradually evolved into roads.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an