- 1.1 [Biol] evolucionarMore example sentences1.2 [idea/system] evolucionar, desarrollarse
- If all organisms evolved from a single common ancestor, what do these groups actually represent?
- It is now thought that the genes for the rod and cone pigments evolved from a common ancestral gene.
- By the late Oligocene, the two modern lineages of cetaceans had evolved from archaeocete ancestors.
- [system/theory] desarrollarMore example sentences
- His son Charles joined the firm at the age of 13 and the business gradually evolved into providing pet and garden supplies.
- The delicate ceramic pieces began with a simple meaning and gradually evolved into something deeper.
- Trains on railways such as these moved slowly, and the footpaths alongside them gradually evolved into roads.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.