Translation of examination in Spanish:
- 1 countable [formal] (Sch, Univ) to take o (in British English also) sit an examinationto pass an examinationdar or hacer or (Southern Cone) rendir or (Mexico) tomar un examenexaminarse (Spain)to fail an examinationaprobar or pasar or (Urug tb) salvar un examena history examinationreprobar or (Spain) suspender or (Urug) perder un examen(before noun) examination boardun examen de historiacomisión (feminine) examinadora (Latin America)Example sentences
- You and your child will be faced with plenty of tests and formal examinations in the years to come.
- The objective tests in the entrance examinations hardly speak of the candidate's knowledge, aptitude and attitude.
- The winner is selected on the marks achieved in written, practical and oral examinations along with project work.
- 2 countable or uncountable 2.1 (inspection)(— of building)(— of passports)2.2 (study, investigation) it requires close examinationon closer examination we discovered this markrequiere un examen riguroso or minuciosoal examinarlo más de cerca descubrimos esta marcaExample sentences
- Seventeen of his patients had fatal angina confirmed by autopsy examinations.
- Detailed shoulder examinations were performed of both sides to assess range of motion, strength, and stability.
- Screening clinical and functional examinations preceded CT studies of the lungs.
- 3 countable or uncountable (of witness)Example sentences
- At the Inquest examination of witnesses will bring out more evidence and detail.
- Generally speaking, judges have broad powers in directing the examination of witnesses.
- He has the same powers as the court in respect of the attendance and the examination of witnesses and the production of documents.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.