- 1 (effort) (often pl) esfuerzo (m)More example sentences
- The physical and mental exertions on Sunday may take its toll.
- Signs of mental and physical fatigue after midweek exertions manifested themselves in some sluggish play from O'Neill's men early on.
- Hence, the intellectual, mental, moral and physical exertions will be greater.
- 2 (of authority, influence) ejercicio (m); (of force, strength) empleo (m)More example sentences
- It feels spindly, as if it will break with exertion of more force.
- I rolled my eyes, giving into his exertion of force, and following him down the street back home.
- I could actually feel my entire body just sink along with my mattress, from his exertion of force.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.