Translation of expand in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (enlarge) [metal] expandir, dilatar; [gas/fluid] expandir; [lungs] ensanchar, dilatar; [chest] desarrollar; [company/trade] expandir, expansionar [memory] [Computing/Informática] expandir; [awareness] aumentar; [horizons] ampliar*, ensanchar; [influence/role] extender*Example sentences
- Range-wide, the number of migrants has increased, and the breeding population has recently expanded into Siberia.
- ‘I think this should be expanded into a much bigger conference,’ he said.
- The service, which is currently being expanded into the Cotswold area, is aimed at vulnerable people aged between 16 and 25.
- This version has expanded on the limited repertoire of the original.
- There wasn't a lot of information there; I had to expand on it, invent the colour scheme.
- Although the 1916 film follows the basic plot elements of the Grimm version, it also greatly expands on the original.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 1.1 [metal] expandirse, dilatarse; [gas] expandirse; [elastic/rubber band] estirarse; [business] expandirse, crecer*; [market] expandirse, extenderse* to expand into textiles/overseas extenderse* al sector textil/extranjero 1.2(expanding present participle/participio presente)[suitcase] con fuelle; [file] de acordeón; [industry/market] en expansión
- 2 (give further information) extenderse*, explayarse to expand
onsth extenderse* sobreor enalgo, explayarse enalgo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.