- 1 (enlarge) [metal] expandir, dilatar; [gas/fluid] expandir; [lungs] ensanchar, dilatar; [chest] desarrollar; [company/trade] expandir, expansionar [memory] [Computing/Informática] expandir; [awareness] aumentar; [horizons] ampliar*, ensanchar; [influence/role] extender*More example sentences
More example sentences
- Range-wide, the number of migrants has increased, and the breeding population has recently expanded into Siberia.
- ‘I think this should be expanded into a much bigger conference,’ he said.
- The service, which is currently being expanded into the Cotswold area, is aimed at vulnerable people aged between 16 and 25.
- This version has expanded on the limited repertoire of the original.
- There wasn't a lot of information there; I had to expand on it, invent the colour scheme.
- Although the 1916 film follows the basic plot elements of the Grimm version, it also greatly expands on the original.
- 1 1.1 [metal] expandirse, dilatarse; [gas] expandirse; [elastic/rubber band] estirarse; [business] expandirse, crecer*; [market] expandirse, extenderse* to expand into textiles/overseas extenderse* al sector textil/extranjero 1.2(expanding present participle/participio presente)[suitcase] con fuelle; [file] de acordeón; [industry/market] en expansión
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The PAN (Partido de Acción Nacional) is the political party that won the Mexican general elections in 2000, breaking the Partido Revolucional Institucional's record of 71 years in power. PRI - Partido Revolucionario InstitucionalPAN was founded in 1939 as a conservative alternative to President, Lázaro Cárdenas. It presents an image of being a defender of popular causes, but takes an individualistic approach to matters of education and property. Its traditional policies include limiting state intervention in the economy to a minimum and bringing about a greater rapprochement between the government and the church.