Translation of explosion in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of bomb, gas) explosión (feminine), estallido (masculine) a loud explosion una fuerte explosiónExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (of anger) estallido (masculine), explosión (feminine)
- A medic had found her on the platform near one of the commuter trains that had been ripped apart by twin bomb explosions.
- The peace in the town was shattered by the explosion, which blew out doors and windows and sprayed glass across the street.
- In the northern province, a bomb explosion damaged an oil pipeline.
Example sentences1.3 (increase) a population explosion una explosión demográfica there has been a price explosion los precios se han disparado
- The researchers also plan to measure the speed of the explosion's shock wave to get further data.
- When massive stars die, most of their energy is released as neutrinos in violent supernova explosions.
- They carry a large fraction of the kinetic energy of the explosions of very massive stars.
- Finding oneself faced by danger, difficulties, sudden outburst or an explosion of anger, one shouldn't react quickly.
- Jason couldn't understand her sudden explosion of anger and he knew there had to be more to what was bothering her than the spider prank.
- Described as powerful, domineering and charismatic, he alternated affection with explosions of anger that terrified children and staff.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.