Translation of exponent in Spanish:
- 1 (of idea, theory)defensor, (-sora) (masculine, feminine)partidario, (-ria) (masculine, feminine)(of art style)Example sentences
- Readers of this column will be aware, I am sure, that I have been a big exponent of the idea of a winter break in the past.
- The recently deceased Lord was the main exponent of the idea that aid did not work.
- Verdi is an exponent of the same ideas, the same sense of statecraft.
- 2 (Mathematics)Example sentences
- He was one of the first to use exponents to represent powers and he used mathematics as a model for the natural sciences.
- Such power laws with exponents close to 2 have been shown for several biopolymers, where the polymer concentration corresponds to that of gel preparation.
- Although we now think of logarithms as the exponents to which one must raise the base to get the required number, this is a modern way of thinking.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.