- 1 (of idea, theory) defensor, -sora (m,f), partidario, -ria (m,f); (of art style) exponente (mf)More example sentences
- Readers of this column will be aware, I am sure, that I have been a big exponent of the idea of a winter break in the past.
- The recently deceased Lord was the main exponent of the idea that aid did not work.
- Verdi is an exponent of the same ideas, the same sense of statecraft.
- 2 [Math] exponente (m)More example sentences
- He was one of the first to use exponents to represent powers and he used mathematics as a model for the natural sciences.
- Such power laws with exponents close to 2 have been shown for several biopolymers, where the polymer concentration corresponds to that of gel preparation.
- Although we now think of logarithms as the exponents to which one must raise the base to get the required number, this is a modern way of thinking.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)