Translation of extension in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable by extensionExample sentences1.2 uncountable and countable
(lengthening — of line, road)the extension of the deadlinela prórroga or extensión del plazoExample sentences1.3 countable (appendage) See examples: the brush seemed like an extension of his hand
- In addition, the extension of the Dart line to Greystones offers another choice for commuters to the city.
- The basic family unit is universal, as is its extension to create an additional sense of comfort and protection within communities, tribes or nations.
- The extension to the original building was seamlessly carried out, so it is almost impossible to identify the earlier work.
women were considered mere extensions of their husbandsel pincel parecía una prolongación de su manose consideraba a las mujeres un mero apéndice de sus maridos
- As the director explains in the program, the musical additions are an extension of the opening line: ‘If music be the food of love, play on.’
- We will use this system as an extension of our network to get to additional buildings and customers and to reach into cities where we don't have significant buildouts.
- I noted the vapor trails that were draped along the leading edge extensions and wingtips as he passed overhead - telltale signs of a high-performance turn.
- 2 countable(to building)they are having an extension built(to house)están haciendo ampliaciones(to museum, hospital)están construyendo un anexo ( or un nuevo pabellón etc)Example sentences
- The use of the main building and the extension has caused problems to adjacent residents for a number of years and is currently the subject of an ombudsman's complaint against the Council.
- Its plans also include an extension to the main building and a new, separate stable block as well as an upgraded driveway and access to the main road.
- The in-patient Assessment Unit occupies a modern, purpose-built, sympathetic extension to the main building.
- 3 countable (Telecom) 3.1 extension 14, please3.2con la extensión 14 por favorcon el interno (River Plate area) or (Chile) el anexo 14, por favor(telephone)Example sentences
- Mrs. Jacobs, who had been listening in on an extension, (with Vera's knowledge), offered to drive her to the hospital.
- With Maddox listening in on the extension, Astor asked Signor Altaverdi if he needed any further copies of the surveillance photographs and told him that he hoped to be back in Italy after the weekend.
- I wish I didn't have a phone extension in my bedroom, I think lazily.
- Handsets will be allotted extension numbers in addition to their handphone numbers.
- I was totally overwhelmed and attempted to cope the best I could, as did the general hospital switchboard, with its extensions all manually connected through an operator in those days.
- I listened in on an extension when Frank phoned Jack at Bute House to be told his fate.
- 4 uncountable (Univ)university extensionextensión (feminine) universitaria(before noun) (course/lectures)de extensión universitariaExample sentences
- Earning the respect of his players after a rocky start three seasons ago, Hartley was given a well-deserved raise and two-year extension.
- During the meeting, the board gave the president a two-year contract extension and a raise.
- As well, I note that the section is discretionary, meaning that even if the criteria are met, the application for extension may be denied for other reasons.
- Every university should have an extension department to promote students' participation in community-based activities.
- As the school's night college, the extension school attracts extraordinary students.
- The Food Innovation Center, a branch of Oregon State University's agricultural extension service, is based in Portland.
- 5 countable(Computing) (for document)Example sentences
- Once I have a domain name, I can add aliases and extensions to define additional systems and services.
- Most times the extension is the substring which follows the last occurrence, if any, of the dot character.
- Be aware though that there is no standardization to filename extension usage, and many different people have used extensions to apply to many different things.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.