Translation of eye-opener in Spanish:
- 1 (sth startling) (no plural/sin plural) revelación (feminine) it was a real eye-opener me ( or nos etc) hizo abrir los ojosExample sentences
- It was not just this unexpected love of Shakespeare that proved an eye-opener.
- This is the first season Selby have had a team in the county league for over ten years and the experience has quickly proved an eye-opener for their players.
- The film was shot on location in West Yorkshire, which proved an eye-opener for a middle-class university-educated Hindu woman from north London.
- 2 (drink) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [ bebida alcohólica tomada al levantarse ]Example sentences
- Comorbid clients also were more likely to have used alcohol or drugs as an eye-opener and to have been annoyed by others who criticized their use of alcohol and/or drugs.
- Talk about a little eye-opener before your first cup of java!
- Murphy and Clovis were enjoying an eye-opener in their cell as the morning sun streamed through the window bars in thick shafts.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas