- 1 (sth startling) (no plural/sin plural) revelación (feminine) it was a real eye-opener me ( or nos etc) hizo abrir los ojosMore example sentences
- It was not just this unexpected love of Shakespeare that proved an eye-opener.
- This is the first season Selby have had a team in the county league for over ten years and the experience has quickly proved an eye-opener for their players.
- The film was shot on location in West Yorkshire, which proved an eye-opener for a middle-class university-educated Hindu woman from north London.
- 2 (drink) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [ bebida alcohólica tomada al levantarse ]More example sentences
- Comorbid clients also were more likely to have used alcohol or drugs as an eye-opener and to have been annoyed by others who criticized their use of alcohol and/or drugs.
- Talk about a little eye-opener before your first cup of java!
- Murphy and Clovis were enjoying an eye-opener in their cell as the morning sun streamed through the window bars in thick shafts.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.