Translation of fade in Spanish:
perder intensidad(fabric/paper)the light was beginning to fade
desteñirseempezaba a oscurecer or a irse la luzExample sentences
- The dream was quickly fading from memory as his stomach growled for attention.
- Had cotton not been so in demand and so crucial to the prosperity of the nation and Europe, slavery might have faded rather than growing stronger.
- From the interior of a car, the condensation on the windshield gradually fades away, revealing a better picture of the landscape outside.
- Shock and remorse showed there, the pink in his cheeks fading to a pale colour I had never seen on him before.
- However tattoos usually fade over time, making them illegible.
- As a result, some parts of his pictures are bathed in soft light while others fade into gentle dusk.
- 2 2.1 (disappear)(feeling/memories)
decaer(hope/optimism)his smile faded
desvanecersese le desvaneció la sonrisathe novelty soon fadedse pasó pronto la novedadExample sentences2.2 (lose freshness, vigor)
(flower/plant)she's fading fast
- As Nariman gradually fades away into the passive state of the bedridden invalid, the novel places Yezad on center stage.
- It is painful to see such infants gradually fading away over a number of weeks or months, when everybody hopes for a speedy end.
- Seeing a man cry like that, I could not control myself and my partner faded away behind the fall of my own tears.
ajarsese está apagando or consumiendo rápidamenteExample sentences2.3 (fall away)
- After the flowers of spring bulbs fade, the remaining foliage is left to wilt and die back.
- ‘I will record the whole process, as these lotus seed pods fade, wither, and dry up,’ Wang said.
- People often wonder what to do when tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, Easter lilies, and other spring-blooming bulb flowers have faded.
perder terrenoExample sentences
- The John Gosden-trained colt took up the lead coming into the home straight but faded in the final furlong.
- John Gosden's French 1,000 Guineas winner Zenda flattered briefly in the straight but faded to finish last of the 15 runners.
- The early pacesetter faded to last, and Regal Thunder ran on to finish second.
- 3 3.1(sound/signal/music)the theme music fades in
perdersepoco a poco se empieza a oír el tema musicalto fade outExample sentences3.2 (Radio, Television)
- The sound is fading in and out, when the record is interrupted with news of an imminent tornado heading for Kansas.
- In "Safe Return", high-pitched strings fade in as if the birds fly highly to the sky.
- You can have the sound fade in and fade out or adjust the volume as necessary.
no responderExample sentences
- Their brakes fade, clutches burn and chassis flex; they dig in, roll around and break traction at absurdly low speeds, but with great drama.
- It was only in the closing stages when Paul's brakes faded slightly that he had to back off the chase.
- The brakes are easy to handle and get a hard grip, even after a few hard braking sessions no fading is apparent.
- 4 (Cinema, Television)(image/scene/speech)the scene fades to the same room twenty years later
fundirsehay un fundido a la misma habitación veinte años despuésExample sentences
- And when the film's final scene fades to black, you will be even more eager to see how Batman Continues.
- In fact, the extra content is what sticks to my mind now, while the film itself is fading to a pleasantly dissonant collection of images and emotions.
- They change pace through fading montages of static images.
- 5 (Sport) 5.1 (veer)(baseball/golfball)fade to the left/right
desviarsedesviarse a la izquierda/derechaExample sentences5.2 (in US football)
- Logic prevailed, I followed his advice, and the ball faded beautifully onto the green, just as he had predicted.
- McTeirnan was desperately unlucky with the conversion with the ball fading to the right and wide from a difficult angle.
- The ball will slice or fade, but by opening the clubface you are adding loft to the club, which will produce a higher-trajectory ball flight.
- 1 countable (Cinema, Radio, Television) slow fadeExample sentences
- In the earlier film, a cut or a fade to black made minutes or even hours disappear.
- However, all of these points of constancy and change are brought to light for the most part due to the extreme redundancy of the film's fades and the organisational role they play.
- His use of split screen and fade through flashbacks is so imaginative that there are moments when the film is artistically stimulating.
- 2 uncountablealso: brake fade(Cars)frenos (masculine plural) con una gran resistencia a la fatiga
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.