Translation of fade in Spanish:
- 1(color/star)apagarseperder intensidad(fabric/paper)the light was beginning to fadeperder colordesteñirseempezaba a oscurecer or a irse la luz
- 2 2.1 (disappear)(feeling/memories)desvanecerse(strength/sight)debilitarse(beauty)marchitarse(interest/enthusiasm)(hope/optimism)his smile fadeddesvanecersethe novelty soon fadedse le desvaneció la sonrisa2.2 (lose freshness, vigor)se pasó pronto la novedad(flower/plant)she's fading fastajarsese está apagando or consumiendo rápidamenteExample sentences2.3 (fall away)
(competitor/team)quedarse atrásperder terrenoExample sentences
- After the flowers of spring bulbs fade, the remaining foliage is left to wilt and die back.
- ‘I will record the whole process, as these lotus seed pods fade, wither, and dry up,’ Wang said.
- People often wonder what to do when tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, Easter lilies, and other spring-blooming bulb flowers have faded.
- The John Gosden-trained colt took up the lead coming into the home straight but faded in the final furlong.
- John Gosden's French 1,000 Guineas winner Zenda flattered briefly in the straight but faded to finish last of the 15 runners.
- The early pacesetter faded to last, and Regal Thunder ran on to finish second.
- As Nariman gradually fades away into the passive state of the bedridden invalid, the novel places Yezad on center stage.
- It is painful to see such infants gradually fading away over a number of weeks or months, when everybody hopes for a speedy end.
- Seeing a man cry like that, I could not control myself and my partner faded away behind the fall of my own tears.
- 3 3.1(sound/signal/music)the theme music fades indebilitarseperderseto fade out 3.2 (Radio, Television)poco a poco se empieza a oír el tema musical(signal)3.3 (Cars)(brakes/engine)no responderExample sentences
- The dream was quickly fading from memory as his stomach growled for attention.
- Had cotton not been so in demand and so crucial to the prosperity of the nation and Europe, slavery might have faded rather than growing stronger.
- From the interior of a car, the condensation on the windshield gradually fades away, revealing a better picture of the landscape outside.
- Their brakes fade, clutches burn and chassis flex; they dig in, roll around and break traction at absurdly low speeds, but with great drama.
- It was only in the closing stages when Paul's brakes faded slightly that he had to back off the chase.
- The brakes are easy to handle and get a hard grip, even after a few hard braking sessions no fading is apparent.
- 4 (Cinema, Television)(image/scene/speech)the scene fades to the same room twenty years laterfundirsehay un fundido a la misma habitación veinte años despuésExample sentences
- And when the film's final scene fades to black, you will be even more eager to see how Batman Continues.
- In fact, the extra content is what sticks to my mind now, while the film itself is fading to a pleasantly dissonant collection of images and emotions.
- They change pace through fading montages of static images.
- 5 (Sport) 5.1 (veer)(baseball/golfball)fade to the left/rightdesviarse5.2 (in US football)desviarse a la izquierda/derechaExample sentences
- Logic prevailed, I followed his advice, and the ball faded beautifully onto the green, just as he had predicted.
- McTeirnan was desperately unlucky with the conversion with the ball fading to the right and wide from a difficult angle.
- The ball will slice or fade, but by opening the clubface you are adding loft to the club, which will produce a higher-trajectory ball flight.
- 1 (make lose color)(fabric/clothes/furnishings)hacer perder el color a(color)Example sentences
- Shock and remorse showed there, the pink in his cheeks fading to a pale colour I had never seen on him before.
- However tattoos usually fade over time, making them illegible.
- As a result, some parts of his pictures are bathed in soft light while others fade into gentle dusk.
- 2 (Cinema, Radio, Television) fade the applause into the next songshe faded the music downfunda los aplausos con or y la siguiente canciónbajó gradualmente el volumen de la músicaExample sentences
- The sound is fading in and out, when the record is interrupted with news of an imminent tornado heading for Kansas.
- In "Safe Return", high-pitched strings fade in as if the birds fly highly to the sky.
- You can have the sound fade in and fade out or adjust the volume as necessary.
- 1 countable (Cinema, Radio, Television) slow fadeExample sentences
- In the earlier film, a cut or a fade to black made minutes or even hours disappear.
- However, all of these points of constancy and change are brought to light for the most part due to the extreme redundancy of the film's fades and the organisational role they play.
- His use of split screen and fade through flashbacks is so imaginative that there are moments when the film is artistically stimulating.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to