Translation of failure in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (of business, marriage, talks) the plan is doomed to end in failureel plan está condenado al fracasoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 countable (unsuccessful thing, attempt)
- Remember, there are no failures in the business of plan implementation, only feedback.
- There are 22,000 schools in Britain, many, by this Government's own reckoning, failures in the business of education.
- Cassie is considered somewhat a failure since she was unsuccessful in joining the school's social elite.
(insolvency) quiebra (feminine)(before noun) failure rate(Business)
- This has led to a worldwide assault on auto workers' jobs, as well as business failures, including the bankruptcy announcement earlier this month by Daewoo Motors of South Korea.
- This coincides with rising or record levels of poverty, homelessness, job insecurity, personal bankruptcies and small business failures.
- Are we going to see more closures or failures in the ISP business?
proporción (feminine) de quiebras(School)1.3 countable (person) I feel such a failure
índice (masculine) de fracaso escolarme siento fracasado1.4 countable and uncountable (breakdown)structural failure
soy un fracasodefecto (masculine) estructuralheart/kidney/respiratory failureinsuficiencia (feminine) cardíaca/renal/respiratoriathe progressive failure of her facultiesel deterioro progresivo de sus facultadesExample sentences
- Kidney failure occurs when kidney function deteriorates to such an extent that death will occur without renal replacement therapy such as haemodialysis.
- The damage can lead to poor liver function and liver failure.
- This is important for patients with impaired kidney function or liver failure who cannot clear the extra ammonia.
- 2 (expressing negation) failure to +
infinitivefailure to carry out the instructionsel incumplimiento de las órdenesher failure to understand …el (hecho de) que no entendiera/entienda …they were criticized for their failure to protect their clients' interestsse los criticó por no haber protegido los intereses de sus clientesExample sentences
- The strictest compliance was expected and failure to comply meant harsh punishment.
- There is no requirement that failure to comply with these provisions has any causative relationship to the making of the statement.
- Colleges could face stiff sanctions for failure to comply with requirements, the bill states.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.