Translation of faint in Spanish:
adjective -er, -est
- 1 1.1 (barely perceptible)(line/mark)
débilExample sentences1.2 (slight)
(recollection)what's going on? — I haven't the faintest (idea) [colloquial]
- He had short black hair and a very faint black moustache, a London accent and a thin build.
- All of the marks on the sides are very faint.
- l've been listening to the faint hum of London traffic and the random bangs and crackles of fireworks in nearby parks and gardens.
vago¿qué pasa? — no tengo ni (la menor or la más mínima or la más remota) ideaExample sentences
- Reports last week suggested that there is now a faint hope of an end to these absurdities.
- I always have this faint hope that I might stumble across some great find at the flea market.
- And there's a touch of faint hope in Mr Ward's comment that the bank was considering appealing.
- 2 (weak) (predicative) he was faint with hungerestaba desfallecido de hambreI feel faintestoy mareadoExample sentences
- The acquisition of Edmark was greeted with faint enthusiasm when it was first announced.
- Hundreds of mourners gather daily, shedding torrents of tears and managing a few faint smiles as they remember their loved ones.
- They received the faint answer of ‘yes’ and their fears were assuaged; if only for a moment.
- desmayarseI nearly fainted!por poco me desmayocasi me da un síncope [colloquial]Example sentences
- Get the person to lie down on his or her back and elevate the feet higher than the head to keep adequate blood flow to the brain, which will prevent fainting.
- It was concluded that the pilot had fainted or lost his horizon.
- Geneva was beginning to faint from lack of oxygen, and when he let go of her, she fell to the floor, desperately trying to see who was fighting the men to save her.
- she collapsed in a dead faintcayó desvanecida
se desmayóExample sentences
- If I didn't find food soon I was going to collapse in a dead faint.
- Suddenly Tina let out a high-pitched wail, jumped from her cot and collapsed in a dead faint onto the floor.
- As soon as the kiss ended, Jane collapsed in a dead faint on the front steps.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.