Translation of faithfully in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (sincerely) I swear faithfully juro por mi honor I promised faithfully to come di mi palabra de que iría yours faithfully (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) (le saluda) atentamente 1.2 (loyally) [follow/serve] fielmente 1.3 (regularly) [attend/visit] religiosamenteExample sentences
- The humbled Wolsey, weeping at Cromwell's loyalty, urges him to forsake him and serve the King faithfully.
- I glance at the family retainer who has served the Dimplers faithfully since well before the old King's father passed.
- ‘It is a very sad day for the city of York and the people that he has served so faithfully over many years,’ he said.
- 2 (exactly) [record/translate/copy] fielmenteExample sentences
- We base that on the fact that he faithfully summed up the evidence on intoxication, but did not give that familiar direction which he must have been aware of.
- Rather, the attempt is merely to recreate their personas as faithfully and realistically as possible.
- She believed that what she was seeing was true, and she faithfully recorded it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to