Translation of faithfully in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (sincerely) See examples: I swear faithfullyI promised faithfully to comejuro por mi honoryours faithfully (especially British English) 1.2 (loyally)di mi palabra de que iría(follow/serve)1.3 (regularly)(attend/visit)Example sentences
- The humbled Wolsey, weeping at Cromwell's loyalty, urges him to forsake him and serve the King faithfully.
- I glance at the family retainer who has served the Dimplers faithfully since well before the old King's father passed.
- ‘It is a very sad day for the city of York and the people that he has served so faithfully over many years,’ he said.
- 2 (exactly)(record/translate/copy)Example sentences
- We base that on the fact that he faithfully summed up the evidence on intoxication, but did not give that familiar direction which he must have been aware of.
- Rather, the attempt is merely to recreate their personas as faithfully and realistically as possible.
- She believed that what she was seeing was true, and she faithfully recorded it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.