Translation of fearful in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (frightening) [monster/apparition] aterradorExample sentences1.2 (dreadful) [colloquial/familiar] [cold/mess] espantoso, horrible; [liar] tremendo, terrible, de miedo [colloquial/familiar]
- To the outside world, Chernobyl stands as a fearful accident and a catalogue of gross errors.
- It came to mind that Christians who encountered Paul would have found him shocking and fearful.
- Economists nevertheless refuse to be alarmed by fearful prognoses of deflation.
- 2 (timid) [person] miedoso, temeroso there's no need to be fearful, he won't eat you no seas miedoso or no hay por qué tener miedo, no te va a comer to be fearful of
-ingtemer + infinitive/infinitivofearful of causing offense, she said nothing temiendo ofender, no dijo nadaExample sentences
- There's no question that at the time of the abduction she was in fear and was fearful for a period of time.
- For example, over the past two decades I was excessively fearful of inflation.
- Everyone is fearful for his future, and fear leads people to do amazing, extraordinary things.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.