Translation of fearful in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (frightening)(monster/apparition)
aterradorExample sentences1.2 (dreadful) [colloquial]
- To the outside world, Chernobyl stands as a fearful accident and a catalogue of gross errors.
- It came to mind that Christians who encountered Paul would have found him shocking and fearful.
- Economists nevertheless refuse to be alarmed by fearful prognoses of deflation.
- 2 (timid) there's no need to be fearful, he won't eat youno seas miedoso or no hay por qué tener miedo, no te va a comerto be fearful of
-ingtemer +fearful of causing offense, she said nothing infinitivetemiendo ofender, no dijo nadaExample sentences
- There's no question that at the time of the abduction she was in fear and was fearful for a period of time.
- For example, over the past two decades I was excessively fearful of inflation.
- Everyone is fearful for his future, and fear leads people to do amazing, extraordinary things.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.