- 1 (extremely) terriblemente it was fearfully hot hacía un calor espantoso or terribleMore example sentences
- Fielding had a fearfully difficult time in his youth trying to work out what girls wanted.
- The online version of a gallery show, it has some fearfully vicious images - check out particularly the caricatures.
- He does not sound at all handsome, and he is fearfully old.
- 2 (in, with fear) con temorMore example sentences
- In the village were only scared-looking women standing in small groups, glancing fearfully around.
- A gaggle of ibis roosting in a nearby tree hooted fearfully.
- They don't step up to a long first putt thinking fearfully of a possible three-putt.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)