- 1 1.1 [Biol] [Bot] [Zool] [organ/hormone] femenino a female elephant/ant un elefante/una hormiga hembra, una hembra de elefante/hormiga 1.2 (of humans) [population/suffrage] femenino; [victim] del sexo femenino; [ward] de mujeres female heir heredera (f) female prisoner presa (f), prisionera (f) female graduates licenciadas (fpl) that's a typically female reaction [pejorative/peyorativo] esa es una típica reacción femenina or de mujer
- 2 [Tech] [thread/socket/coupling] hembra (adj inv)
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.
- 1 [Bot] [Zool] hembra (f)
- 2 (woman, girl) 2.1 (in official reports) mujer (f) a female aged 32 una mujer de 32 años 2.2 [pejorative/peyorativo] mujer (f)More example sentences
- The cubs are cared for by all the females in the pride, and will suckle from other females as well as from their mother.
- This is more frequent in teenage boys than girls but is increasing among young females in my experience.
- There is also some sage advice for females wanting to break into what is still essentially a male domain.