Translation of fertile in Spanish:
- 1.1 (fruitful) [soil/valley] fértil fertile ground for new ideas terreno fértil para nuevas ideasExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (capable of reproducing) [woman/animal/plant] fértil; [seed/egg] fecundado
- The mountains prevented large-scale farming and impelled the Greeks to look beyond their borders to new lands where fertile soil was more abundant.
- Malaria has been eradicated and the Hule has become one of the breadbaskets of Israel, acre upon acre of fertile land abundant with fruit and grain and garden crops.
- The soil is extremely fertile and produces immense crops when there is enough rainfall, otherwise they are a failure.
Example sentences1.3 (prolific) [animal/plant] fecundo
- Taking refuge in the dharma, taking a passionless approach, means that all of life is regarded as a fertile situation and a learning situation, always.
- When Chester accepted the invitation to go to the University of Kentucky, it put our family in a fertile situation where we could grow individually and as a family.
- The ramps will be approximately 150 yards away from this hostel, making it a fertile prospect for drug pushers both on site at the hostel and also the ramp site.
Example sentences1.4 (inventive) [imagination] fértil, fecundo he has a very fertile imagination [ironic] tiene demasiada imaginación a fertile mind un ingenio fértil
- Some of my favorite duck hens were getting older though, so I had to reconsider artificial incubation for any fertile eggs they laid.
- The left and right bars of each pair represent infertile and fertile eggs, respectively.
- All females that laid fertile eggs were given a month's break.
- It's in our biology to seek out young and fertile creatures.
- Since female mice are fertile for more than a year, their ovaries had to be generating new oocytes, the scientists reasoned.
- All five mice were fertile and went on to produce their own healthy pups.
- In Lindsay's fertile imagination, such ideas interact in strange and unexpected ways.
- These characters are all part of Kamen's fertile imagination as he invented all of these roles.
- It is from this very imagination of some fertile minds that various religious texts, rituals and ideas have sprouted.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.