- 1 1.1 c (thread) fibra (f)More example sentences1.2 c (cloth) fibra (f) (textil) man-made o synthetic fiber fibra sintética
More example sentences
- The original focus industries were pottery, sericulture, carpentry, textiles, coconut fiber, and woven mats.
- With its qualities of strength and texture, and the ability to be dyed in vibrant colours, silk proved an unequalled fibre for textile production.
- Hot glass fibers for insulation and nylon fibers for textiles are extruded through platinum sieves.
- The thing to keep in mind is that your fabric must be a natural fiber: cotton, rayon, silk, or linen.
- Both fabrics wick perspiration away from your skin while natural fibers like cotton and wool tend to get damp and clammy with sweat.
- Wear clothes that are made from natural fibres like cotton, linen and silk; they allow your skin to breathe.
- 2 2.1 c [Anat] fibra (f) muscle/nerve fiber fibra muscular/nerviosa with every fiber of her being [literario/literary] con todo su ser 2.2 u (firmness) fibra (f), carácter (m) he has no (moral) fiber no tiene fibra or carácterMore example sentences
More example sentences
- The strength has to be in the moral fibre of a people, and that sort of strength enables one to provide moral leadership in the world.
- We can't be having people of poor moral fibre now, can we.
- Medical research into the drug came to an abrupt end in the mid-1960s when LSD hit the headlines as hazardous to health and a looming shadow over society's moral fibre.
- Other structures, such as connective tissue fibers and neuroglia, may be impregnated.
- At early stages of development, single muscle fibers are innervated by axon terminals from several different motor neurons.
- Muscle biopsies were freed of connective tissue and muscle fibers were isolated.
- 3 u 3.1 [Bot] fibra (f) wood fiber fibra de madera 3.2 (in food) fibra (f) dietary fiber fibra (f) a high fiber diet una dieta rica en fibraMore example sentences
- Previous studies have indicated that soybean protein and dietary fiber reduces cholesterol and improves insulin resistance.
- As pears are dense, they are also a good source of fibre and pectin.
- High consumption of dietary fiber regulates blood sugar levels, reduces cholesterol and can prevent heart disease and cancer.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.